User login

Al Mualim's Superfast Assassination

aurllcooljay's picture
5

http://youtu.be/Cegs8hs0GYc
[Front-paged. -stabguy]

Setup
For this you'll need a live guard in memory block seven. When you fight the assassin guards climb to the top of the building in the area. When the second wave of guards arrives hang from the building and wait for Malik to knife them all. There's a good chance that one guard will still be alive (about 50% chance?). After inspecting the dead bodies the guard will walk to the fortress. He'll go there sooner if you go straight to Malik, possibly because the dead bodies aren't modeled in the game from being so far away.
Once inside the fortress get the guard to fight you and lead him to the back area. Throw him through the back door to ensure he's on that side when the door closes. Now the fun begins.

Al Mualim's Superfast Demise
In the scenes with Al Mualim Altair is paralyzed by the POE. Getting attacked by the guard will get Altair out of the paralyzed position, and he can walk about freely. However the guard is still determined to kill you, which almost happened in the vid. There are a few ways to reduce the chances of getting killed by him during the scenes. Before the last two scenes lead the assassin guard far away from the scene location so that he doesn't get you right away. Also one ability Altair retains in low profile is counter grab, which takes away health from an enemy.
In the last scene simply get behind Al Mualim and mash Armed hand when it ends. Presto, ultimate Al Mualim ownage.

sync's picture
sync
Offline
Citizen
france
Joined: 06/13/2011

How did you stay serious behind the camera, I laughed so much I could cite your video in the "the last thing you really hard at" thread. thank you for this.
Kudos to your infinite creativity. (and patience...)

161803398874989's picture
161803398874989
Offline
male
Joined: 12/13/2010

Good stuff! Only that it's not much faster than the blitz I've got in mind, which requires no setup. Tongue

Characters done superfast so far:
Garnier (teleporting kill suffices, I think), William, Jubair, Maria, Al-Mualim.

I think Abu'l, Majd and Sibrand can be tele-killed, but I haven't tried it. Will try it on Majd today since I've got like 30 seconds of video footage of a good blitz. It's not great, though, so the save's still there. Problem is that I only did it from death because that's pretty easy, but from scene is a lot harder. In any case, there's a lot we haven't tried yet, even in AC1.
I also noticed there haven't been any videos on Talal since 2009! Surely we can do something cool with that.

_________________

"Betraying the Assassins is never good for one's health."
"Well, neither is drinking liquor, but I'm drawn to its dangers all the same."

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010
161803398874989 wrote:
Characters done superfast so far:
Garnier (teleporting kill suffices, I think), William, Jubair, Maria, Al-Mualim.

Teleport kill is considered more of an Early Death than a blitz, because the target is already dead.

161803398874989 wrote:
I think Abu'l, Majd and Sibrand can be tele-killed, but I haven't tried it. Will try it on Majd today since I've got like 30 seconds of video footage of a good blitz. It's not great, though, so the save's still there. Problem is that I only did it from death because that's pretty easy, but from scene is a lot harder. In any case, there's a lot we haven't tried yet, even in AC1.
I also noticed there haven't been any videos on Talal since 2009! Surely we can do something cool with that.

Already did an instant kill on Majd and Abul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUX0ywBguqM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlv36uWC8c
Talal is the only target I haven't done something on. Grrr.

sync wrote:
How did you stay serious behind the camera, I laughed so much I could cite your video in the "the last thing you really hard at" thread. thank you for this.

There's a perfectly logical explanation for all of this: Altair is not like the others, he saw through the illusion.