User login

New Assassination Style

41 replies [Last post]
..'s picture
..
Offline
Citizen
female
MI
Joined: 09/12/2010

Alright, so I'm sure many of us saw this video...

So, apparently we can do air assassinations from the parachute! I think a see a new style coming up... Laughing out loud

Jfighter777's picture
Jfighter777
Offline
Citizen
male
USA
Joined: 10/16/2010

This could cause some very interesting new vids on this site. Cross-district Eagle Strikes anyone?

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010

Some of the stuff in this game is already so cool. I can only imagine what people on this site will do with it to take it even further Big smile

..'s picture
..
Offline
Citizen
female
MI
Joined: 09/12/2010

We have to start thinking of assassination styles! With Brotherhood coming out, we have to get a head start, we have to start making videos before everyone else with THB in them ( a box saying visit THB), we need to get a start on making a section for brotherhood assassinations, and find a way to make guests into registered users.

IanXO4's picture
IanXO4
Offline
Administrator
male
Joined: 10/08/2009

i wonder how they will implement the parachute physics. i recall some games allowing you to deploy the parachute just before impact without injury. ubi might permit something similar - i suspect that one could basically jump from a tower, free fall to air assassination range, deploy the parachute, and then immediately air assassinate. it may be a more flexible way to eagle strike.

SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009

There was a clip in the last dev diary, I think...
Basically, before landing, he deployed the parachute, which allowed him to travel a few yards forward, which let him reach and air-assassinate his targets.


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

I think we should create a competition for the site of the longest eagle strike distance. Maybe from a full district of Rome to the middle of the other (assuming there are a few extremely tall towers/structures to jump off of). I hope it lasts for as long as you need it to and not randomly break when you're 200 meters above ground.

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

..'s picture
..
Offline
Citizen
female
MI
Joined: 09/12/2010

Yup, place a marker on the viewpoint, then jump off, perform a par-air assassination and see how many units you are away...

Hmmm... Pair-Air, sounds cool

Jedted's picture
Jedted
Offline
Citizen
male
Old Bridge, NJ
Joined: 01/17/2010

This kinda begs the question, will gaurds be able to shoot you while your using the parachute? I imagine it'd only take 1 or 2 shots before it breaks causing you to fall.

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010
Jedted wrote:
This kinda begs the question, will gaurds be able to shoot you while your using the parachute? I imagine it'd only take 1 or 2 shots before it breaks causing you to fall.

Yeah I thought this. In the real world just one bullet would almost certainly be enough to deem a parachute useless, but then in the real world one or two arrows would also kill you but Ezio seems to be able to take five or six arrrows beofre death becomes an issue.

The parachute in Just Cause 2 is pretty unrealistic as it can be deployed and works at any time, even a second after its just been detached or just a few metres above the ground, preventing death straight away, and it doesn't take damage.

I hope its unrealistic to be honest and can handle at least a bit of damage as, in Just Cause 2, its actually a lot more fun not to have to think about the possibilty of being shot down or only using the parachute once in each jump. Smile

..'s picture
..
Offline
Citizen
female
MI
Joined: 09/12/2010

Arrows aren't going to penetrate through metal if your shooting something above you and far away. Arrows cannot penetrate most metals at an angle either. The arrow below will probably cause the most damage.. other than that, arrows aren't gonna do crud.

\
\
<|-----------<
/
/

Back then, bullets were circular and designed to cause blunt damage. Of course bullets will cause damage against armor, but they'll dent and break the armor, not cause that much damage to Ezio as long as they don't hit him from close range. Guards at closer ranges will take out their sword and attack, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010
DracoX872 wrote:
Arrows aren't going to penetrate through metal if your shooting something above you and far away. Arrows cannot penetrate most metals at an angle either. The arrow below will probably cause the most damage.. other than that, arrows aren't gonna do crud.

\
\
<|-----------<
/
/

Back then, bullets were circular and designed to cause blunt damage. Of course bullets will cause damage against armor, but they'll dent and break the armor, not cause that much damage to Ezio as long as they don't hit him from close range. Guards at closer ranges will take out their sword and attack, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Good point TBF. Some arrows could penetrate chain mail but plate armour rendered most arrows quite weak. Either way, we agree that, in the actual game, bullets and arrows won't be/aren't an issue Smile

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010
pAtriCkdps3 wrote:
DracoX872 wrote:
Arrows aren't going to penetrate through metal if your shooting something above you and far away. Arrows cannot penetrate most metals at an angle either. The arrow below will probably cause the most damage.. other than that, arrows aren't gonna do crud.

\
\
<|-----------<
/
/

Back then, bullets were circular and designed to cause blunt damage. Of course bullets will cause damage against armor, but they'll dent and break the armor, not cause that much damage to Ezio as long as they don't hit him from close range. Guards at closer ranges will take out their sword and attack, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Good point TBF. Some arrows could penetrate chain mail but plate armour rendered most arrows quite weak. Either way, we agree that, in the actual game, bullets and arrows won't be/aren't an issue Smile

If you remember seeing the trailer and gameplay, arrows do seem to pierce armor pretty good (at least on enemies) Exclamation Mark

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010

Besides parachutes there are a few other new ways of assassinating that might be used as a new style...
1. The brotherhood of assassins can be summoned for quick kills (air strikes, multiple air assassinations, smoke bombs). It might be cool to use the brotherhood for stealth kills, especially if you can have them kill the target and escape without ever having them fight enemies.
2. During certain parts of the game you can use cannons and war machines. Hopefully there will be times when you can use them to kill targets.
3. Horses can now be used in cities. You can even air assassinate from one horse to another. Not sure if you can do any instant kills on a target from a horse, though. In ac1 and 2 you can fall on a horse from any distance without dying or losing health. If that's the case in acb there are different assassinations you can try using a horse.
4. The crossbow is the new weapon of the game, but it probably won't be much different from throwing knives or the hidden gun unless it has any unique mechanics.
Well, that's pretty much every new type of kill that I'm aware of in the game. If anyone is getting the game soon I suggest they try to find a cool new type of assassination style. Cool Party Beer Beer Beer

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010
aurllcooljay wrote:
Besides parachutes there are a few other new ways of assassinating that might be used as a new style...
1. The brotherhood of assassins can be summoned for quick kills (air strikes, multiple air assassinations, smoke bombs). It might be cool to use the brotherhood for stealth kills, especially if you can have them kill the target and escape without ever having them fight enemies.
2. During certain parts of the game you can use cannons and war machines. Hopefully there will be times when you can use them to kill targets.
3. Horses can now be used in cities. You can even air assassinate from one horse to another. Not sure if you can do any instant kills on a target from a horse, though. In ac1 and 2 you can fall on a horse from any distance without dying or losing health. If that's the case in acb there are different assassinations you can try using a horse.
4. The crossbow is the new weapon of the game, but it probably won't be much different from throwing knives or the hidden gun unless it has any unique mechanics.
Well, that's pretty much every new type of kill that I'm aware of in the game. If anyone is getting the game soon I suggest they try to find a cool new type of assassination style. Cool Party Beer Beer Beer

A sort of Eagle Strike from a horse perhaps? Rather than jumping and grabbing a ledge, you could jump onto horseback and leap off to air assassinate the target. Not sure if this has been done but it will certainly be possible with horses in cities Smile

SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009
aurllcooljay wrote:
Besides parachutes there are a few other new ways of assassinating that might be used as a new style...
1. The brotherhood of assassins can be summoned for quick kills (air strikes, multiple air assassinations, smoke bombs). It might be cool to use the brotherhood for stealth kills, especially if you can have them kill the target and escape without ever having them fight enemies.
2. During certain parts of the game you can use cannons and war machines. Hopefully there will be times when you can use them to kill targets.
3. Horses can now be used in cities. You can even air assassinate from one horse to another. Not sure if you can do any instant kills on a target from a horse, though. In ac1 and 2 you can fall on a horse from any distance without dying or losing health. If that's the case in acb there are different assassinations you can try using a horse.
4. The crossbow is the new weapon of the game, but it probably won't be much different from throwing knives or the hidden gun unless it has any unique mechanics.
Well, that's pretty much every new type of kill that I'm aware of in the game. If anyone is getting the game soon I suggest they try to find a cool new type of assassination style. Cool Party Beer Beer Beer

You forgot poison darts Wink


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009
aurllcooljay wrote:
Besides parachutes there are a few other new ways of assassinating that might be used as a new style...
1. The brotherhood of assassins can be summoned for quick kills (air strikes, multiple air assassinations, smoke bombs). It might be cool to use the brotherhood for stealth kills, especially if you can have them kill the target and escape without ever having them fight enemies.
2. During certain parts of the game you can use cannons and war machines. Hopefully there will be times when you can use them to kill targets.
3. Horses can now be used in cities. You can even air assassinate from one horse to another. Not sure if you can do any instant kills on a target from a horse, though. In ac1 and 2 you can fall on a horse from any distance without dying or losing health. If that's the case in acb there are different assassinations you can try using a horse.
4. The crossbow is the new weapon of the game, but it probably won't be much different from throwing knives or the hidden gun unless it has any unique mechanics.
Well, that's pretty much every new type of kill that I'm aware of in the game. If anyone is getting the game soon I suggest they try to find a cool new type of assassination style. Cool Party Beer Beer Beer

You forgot poison darts Wink


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010

Pretty long double post there Tongue

SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009

Wow, I don't know how that happened... Stare Damn WiFi... Big smile


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009

Wow, I don't know how that happened... Stare Damn WiFi... Big smile


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

..'s picture
..
Offline
Citizen
female
MI
Joined: 09/12/2010

Lol Red...

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010

Hehe. Fail.

Jedted's picture
Jedted
Offline
Citizen
male
Old Bridge, NJ
Joined: 01/17/2010
SBIzokronus wrote:
You forgot poison darts Wink

This is my favorite new weapon! Should make Myserious Deaths a hell of a lot easier. Smile

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010

I never knew about poison darts! Shock Is there any video that shows it?

Jedted's picture
Jedted
Offline
Citizen
male
Old Bridge, NJ
Joined: 01/17/2010
aurllcooljay wrote:
I never knew about poison darts! Shock Is there any video that shows it?

I think they demonstrate poison darts in the video where Ezio is sent to destroy one of Leo's war machines. It works just like poison in AC2 but can be administered at range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r4EEjERXgA (1:40)

SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009

Wow... neither of those double posts were intentional...


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

stabguy's picture
stabguy
Offline
Administrator
male
Honolulu, HI USA
Joined: 09/15/2009
Jedted wrote:
I imagine it'd only take 1 or 2 shots before [your parachute] breaks causing you to fall.

If you mean a gunshot through the canopy, that wouldn't be a problem. In fact, modern paratrooper chutes have a big hole in the middle to allow a controlled release of air pressure. A parachute with two bullet holes creates nearly as much drag as one with complete integrity. It's a different story if a hole turns into a nasty tear. Parachute silk is commonly rip-stop nylon. We don't know what material Leonardo would have used.

By the way, the same can be said of blimps. They can take a bunch of machine gun fire and still limp away.

You won't even feel the blade.

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010
Jedted wrote:
SBIzokronus wrote:
You forgot poison darts Wink

This is my favorite new weapon! Should make Myserious Deaths a hell of a lot easier. Smile

Looks like mysterious deaths are going to be a whole lot easier. But how can you call it mysterious when there's a dart sticking out of the target? Exclamation Mark

Fly Like an Eagle's picture
Fly Like an Eagle
Offline
Citizen
male
CBus, Ohizzle
Joined: 11/11/2009
aurllcooljay wrote:
But how can you call it mysterious when there's a dart sticking out of the target? Exclamation Mark

Well, how can you call it a mysterious death when there's a puncture wound that runs deep in the victim's back or chest?

Live by the creed, die by the creed!
Pussy, money, weed, that's all a n*gga need!

Jedted's picture
Jedted
Offline
Citizen
male
Old Bridge, NJ
Joined: 01/17/2010
Fly Like an Eagle wrote:
aurllcooljay wrote:
But how can you call it mysterious when there's a dart sticking out of the target? Exclamation Mark

Well, how can you call it a mysterious death when there's a puncture wound that runs deep in the victim's back or chest?

That, and they must've had some way of testing bodies for poison back then.

It's still mysterious in that nobody knows who killed the person.

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010

Its amazing how things change. Here we are debating the validity of poison for mysterious deaths while just last night i was looking back at the old forums (which i was never a member of) and there was a thread about the "Poison Problem in ACII" and whether it was valid at all Tongue It was an interesting read tbf.

s1lv3r4554551n's picture
s1lv3r4554551n
Offline
Citizen
male
Canada
Joined: 10/20/2010

What kind of problem might that be? Poison is never a mandatory use in AC2 and probably won't be different in ACB. Don't get me wrong I love poison! But seriously poison was a challenge, and on occasion a help.

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010

It was written before the release of ACII I think and it was to do with Altair saying that poison was a coward's weapon in AC

However, as you said, poison is not mandatory and it is also mentioned that the creed of the Assassins has developed as the Templars have changed. Hence, its not really a problem Smile

Here's the link to it. The topic was originally started by FLAE:

http://forums.assassinscreed-maps.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1460

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010
s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Don't get me wrong I love poison!.

lol Laughing out loud

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010
JoeyFogey wrote:
s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Don't get me wrong I love poison!.

lol Laughing out loud

Haha. I barely even registered that part of the comment. Taking it out of context makes Silver Assassin look a bit creepy...

Jack-Reacher's picture
Jack-Reacher
Offline
Citizen
male
NZ
Joined: 02/07/2010

Poisoning is actually really overpowered in AC2, the animation is shorter and you have a greater chance of taking out multiple enemies with poison then with the hidden blade without being seen

Im going to make a the contract with the 10 brutes now, dont think that has been mysterious deathed

Jfighter777's picture
Jfighter777
Offline
Citizen
male
USA
Joined: 10/16/2010
s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
What kind of problem might that be? Poison is never a mandatory use in AC2 and probably won't be different in ACB. Don't get me wrong I love poison! But seriously poison was a challenge, and on occasion a help.

How do you get to Borgia in AC2, then? In the second/last hallway with all of the monks and roving guards, they always flip out, alerting the guards when you outright assassinate a guard. I always have to use poison on two guards, then assassinate the other two while they are distracted.

stabguy's picture
stabguy
Offline
Administrator
male
Honolulu, HI USA
Joined: 09/15/2009
Jfighter777 wrote:
How do you get to Borgia in AC2, then? In the second/last hallway with all of the monks and roving guards...

You don't have to use poison there. In this video I went through those two hallways using only a heavy weapon (the Labrys).

You won't even feel the blade.

PatrickDeneny's picture
PatrickDeneny
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 05/24/2010

I've never used poison to get to Borgia Tongue

Jfighter777's picture
Jfighter777
Offline
Citizen
male
USA
Joined: 10/16/2010
stabguy wrote:
Jfighter777 wrote:
How do you get to Borgia in AC2, then? In the second/last hallway with all of the monks and roving guards...

You don't have to use poison there. In this video I went through those two hallways using only a heavy weapon (the Labrys).

Is it really that easy??? And struggled the first 2 times I tried that before I realized poison....

Fly Like an Eagle's picture
Fly Like an Eagle
Offline
Citizen
male
CBus, Ohizzle
Joined: 11/11/2009

Poison Punching is the only way to get to Borgia in Eagle's Bruise, but if someone made a video proving otherwise I'd gladly commend them for it.

Live by the creed, die by the creed!
Pussy, money, weed, that's all a n*gga need!

Asaic's picture
Asaic
Offline
Citizen
male
Canada
Joined: 11/11/2009
Jfighter777 wrote:
How do you get to Borgia in AC2, then? In the second/last hallway with all of the monks and roving guards, they always flip out, alerting the guards when you outright assassinate a guard. I always have to use poison on two guards, then assassinate the other two while they are distracted.

With timing you can simply fast-walk through this area and hidden-blade assassinate two guards from behind along the way. That's the way I always do it.