User login

Official Single E3 gameplay commentary and trailer

225 replies [Last post]
JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

I'm agreeing with Calvar a lot lately and it's scaring me.

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012
JoeyFogey wrote:
I'm agreeing with Calvar a lot lately and it's scaring me.

lol

Also, I'm pretty sure we visited Monteriggioni, New York City, and upstate New York at multiple times. Tongue

(it's probably been mentioned, I haven't kept up on this topic, but) Honestly, I'm just waiting to see how Connor fits into all of this. We know he and Lafayette were buddies and he was invited to Paris. We know the interviews after AC3 that we'll see Connor again. It only makes sense.

“Force has no place where there is need of skill." Herodotus

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

And Connor's voice actor was on the IMDB for Unity.

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

Calvar The Blade's picture
Calvar The Blade
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/21/2010

I don't expect him to be involved, really. it would be a bit obvious (and not really representative of the spirit of AC3) for him to be treated as the "guy you call if you want a revolution handled", but I guess they could do some interesting things if they specifically avoided that feeling.

I don't really care much one way or the other, though Connor's still my fav AC lead. AC3 didn't go all the way to the end of his life, but he had a pretty satisfying arc over the course of that game, to the point where I didn't feel like his story would really benefit from expansion the way Ezio's and to a lesser degree Altair's did. (I replayed AC2 recently and holy crow, they really isn't a lot going on in that game plot-wise besides a lot of witty banter between ezio and side-characters)

And Joey, that's weird! I must have lost a step in my old age

the posts a bit guy

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012

I don't think Connor will be called in as reinforcements.

I think it will be more of a Connor didn't get out of the last Revolution what he wanted, so it's his turn to try it again to try to get better results.

“Force has no place where there is need of skill." Herodotus

previously vegetable's picture
previously vegetable
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 04/21/2011

Trying to find a relevant thread for this, but this seems to be the "general discussion".

HYPE.

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Seriously, this will spoil what is probably a big part of the game. Big-time.

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012

spoiler in reference to above spoiler

Spoiler: Highlight to view
So have we abandoned Desmond and moved to Subject 16s DNA? Or whoever wrote in blood in AC1?

“Force has no place where there is need of skill." Herodotus

previously vegetable's picture
previously vegetable
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 04/21/2011
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
spoiler in reference to above spoiler
Spoiler: Highlight to view
So have we abandoned Desmond and moved to Subject 16s DNA? Or whoever wrote in blood in AC1?

Spoiler: Highlight to view
I think it really looks like Arno and his mentor/whatever are seeing it first hand, which means that someone from the 18th century must have written it. Seems fully plausible since they theoretically should be able to have the same, if not higher, concentration first civ DNA than Clay.

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

(In reference to the above spoiler tags)

Spoiler: Highlight to view
Either Subject 16 put those symbols into the French Revolution as a backup location to store them, Desmond collected them from Clay at the climax of Revelations (the digital bro hug) and is trying to contact the modern day player, or Arno is seeing them with his Eagle Sense. Those are my spit-balling ideas.

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

Leo K's picture
Leo K
Offline
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

Spoiler: Highlight to view
One thing I'd like to mention is that we have seen two different kinds of Glyphs so far. Some of them, Arno is seeing with his mentor - that much is obvious. They are staring at the wall together in awe, slack-jawed in that trailer. They're seeing them with their own eyes.

The second thing is that earlier, in previous gameplay videos and trailers, other kinds of glyphs were shown, that were DIFFERENT from these.

A theory of mine that I'm curious to see disproven or proven either way is that one sequence of Glyphs is Desmond's, and another is Clay's (the original, from-AC1-Glyphs). Clay's are... For some reason... Visible to Arno. Odd. If time travel is indeed a possibility (remember, there was a Piece of Eden in an e-mail in AC1 that was stated to be able to do that, and at the top of the Eiffel Tower we see a golden sphere of light with electricity arcing around it) then... I don't know, it's just interesting.

I'm really interested. Gah, I'm excited.

previously vegetable's picture
previously vegetable
Offline
Citizen
Joined: 04/21/2011
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
Spoiler: Highlight to view
One thing I'd like to mention is that we have seen two different kinds of Glyphs so far. Some of them, Arno is seeing with his mentor - that much is obvious. They are staring at the wall together in awe, slack-jawed in that trailer. They're seeing them with their own eyes.

The second thing is that earlier, in previous gameplay videos and trailers, other kinds of glyphs were shown, that were DIFFERENT from these.

A theory of mine that I'm curious to see disproven or proven either way is that one sequence of Glyphs is Desmond's, and another is Clay's (the original, from-AC1-Glyphs). Clay's are... For some reason... Visible to Arno. Odd. If time travel is indeed a possibility (remember, there was a Piece of Eden in an e-mail in AC1 that was stated to be able to do that, and at the top of the Eiffel Tower we see a golden sphere of light with electricity arcing around it) then... I don't know, it's just interesting.

I'm really interested. Gah, I'm excited.

Spoiler: Highlight to view

You mean like this one? Interesting theory. I thought it was just an indication for the hidden door to the underground passage, considering the same symbol is etched into the button Arno presses.

And time travel... I don't know, wouldn't say I expect it, though Ubi has been up to some crazy ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ lately. There are some theories that the Time Anomaly is a strictly Helix related thing, with Arno only being an avatar.

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010
Slembroccoli wrote:
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
Spoiler: Highlight to view
One thing I'd like to mention is that we have seen two different kinds of Glyphs so far. Some of them, Arno is seeing with his mentor - that much is obvious. They are staring at the wall together in awe, slack-jawed in that trailer. They're seeing them with their own eyes.

The second thing is that earlier, in previous gameplay videos and trailers, other kinds of glyphs were shown, that were DIFFERENT from these.

A theory of mine that I'm curious to see disproven or proven either way is that one sequence of Glyphs is Desmond's, and another is Clay's (the original, from-AC1-Glyphs). Clay's are... For some reason... Visible to Arno. Odd. If time travel is indeed a possibility (remember, there was a Piece of Eden in an e-mail in AC1 that was stated to be able to do that, and at the top of the Eiffel Tower we see a golden sphere of light with electricity arcing around it) then... I don't know, it's just interesting.

I'm really interested. Gah, I'm excited.

Spoiler: Highlight to view

You mean like this one? Interesting theory. I thought it was just an indication for the hidden door to the underground passage, considering the same symbol is etched into the button Arno presses.

And time travel... I don't know, wouldn't say I expect it, though Ubi has been up to some crazy ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ lately. There are some theories that the Time Anomaly is a strictly Helix related thing, with Arno only being an avatar.

Spoiler: Highlight to view
Yeah, it's only in the Animus that he's "time travelling". You can hear a voice (almost sounds like Rebecca, but not quite) in the Time Anomaly trailer talk to the Animus user, telling them (not Arno) to escape to the time portal. The program is breaking down somehow, causing odd things such as Arno's avatar being present during the Nazi takeover of Paris.

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

Calvar The Blade's picture
Calvar The Blade
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/21/2010

I'll remember to come back after I've beaten the game and read these spoiler-tagged posts! Tongue

the posts a bit guy

Vhan Master's picture
Vhan Master
Offline
Citizen
male
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Joined: 11/25/2009
Calvar The Blade wrote:
I'll remember to come back after I've beaten the game and read these spoiler-tagged posts! Tongue

Same, gonna hold out until then~ xD

gerund's picture
gerund
Offline
Citizen
male
The Netherlands
Joined: 10/29/2012

A new trailer for those who aren't hyped enough or those who can't get enough of the hype.

"...and if I had no self-awareness, I think I'd know."

Vesferatu's picture
Vesferatu
Offline
Citizen
male
Long Beach
Joined: 06/26/2011

The English accent makes it all the more classier.

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

Clueless Gamer (Conan) plays AC Unity.

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012
JoeyFogey wrote:
Clueless Gamer (Conan) plays AC Unity.

MINOR STORY SPOILERS! (that you could predict anyway)

Also, I'm loving that his take home from the game was how beautiful it is. Whether you think he's a "shill for the man" or not (he is... companies pay for Conan to review their games and, most likely, focus on things like that), the gameplay did look stunning.

“Force has no place where there is need of skill." Herodotus

Calvar The Blade's picture
Calvar The Blade
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/21/2010

There's some good stuff in here, under the microtransactions, bad framerate, and some of the lame sidequests and cluttered UI. Reallygood design, pretty good storytelling. I'm going to enjoy finishing this, but I don't think ill be staying with this series any more. Everything about this game seems like a nice jumping off point. Been a wild ride.

the posts a bit guy

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010
aurllcooljay wrote:
So to IanXO4, FLAE, Rob_88 and anyone else who has given up hope on the AC series I say, "it's different this time. Ubisoft actually SOUNDS serious!"

Last chat Ian confirmed he didn't plan to play Unity. Crying And it's not like he signed a contract with THB to constantly make videos (darn it, Stabguy, that's what you should have made him do), but it's still sad.

Even so, I will not give up hope. Someday when the series collapses on itself some people might go back the good ones of the series and have an appreciation. Maybe a few retired members will come back. Someday.

Leo K's picture
Leo K
Offline
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

IanXO4 was literally my "big-brother"/"mentor-figure" when it came to Assassin's Creed.
I joined TheHiddenBlade because I basically wanted to BE him.
Like shit. Now he's gone :/

I hope Panache Digital Games puts out something he'd love playing.

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010

SWEET! I have thought to myself it would be better to get the season pass than the next AC if it came out next year, and now we can have the main dlc for free. Of course the season pass boasts eight hours of gameplay, but a large part could be from the side scrolling parts. FLAE's eye roll The game update has arrived by the way.

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012

So... does this only apply to people that have already bought Unity? or will the DLC be free to all regardless of Unity purchase date?

“Force has no place where there is need of skill." Herodotus

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
So... does this only apply to people that have already bought Unity? or will the DLC be free to all regardless of Unity purchase date?

It's free to everyone.

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey